Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Until the cows come home

This is how the story goes . . .
I was in the office catching up on some email during a rare moment of Ryder quietly going down for a nap. Buck started barking like crazy out the back door. I figured it was our neighbor who frequently comes over and works her horse in our round pen, so I thought nothing of it. After I was done in the office I went into the kitchen to fix myself some lunch. I look out the window and see horses running around like crazy and this:

There was nobody around and the cows just stayed huddled in the corner behind the round pen. So we herded them into the arena and called Pinal County to see what we should do with them. As of yet we have gotten no answer so for the moment we have 24 cows hanging out in our arena. When we were herding them into the arena I so badly wanted to be a real cowgirl for just one moment and get on one of the horses and chase some cows around.



I know this is kind of a pointless blog, but seriously, how often do you have a herd of cows wander into your backyard?

No comments: